MEWP Training Certification
The Rental Guys can train your guys!
The Rental Guys is now offering Mobile Elevated Work Platform training. We are partnering with the ARA (American Rental Association) to ensure MEWP operators are properly trained. The training is available in Moline, IL and upon successful completion of the training you will be issued an operator card valid for 5 years. The training consists of both classroom and actual hands on operation of equipment.
Call The Rental Guys to schedule your training. (309) 517-6458 or visit our MEWP Training page for additional information.
MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) training is essential for anyone who operates or works around this equipment. MEWPs are commonly used in a variety of industries, including construction, maintenance, and industrial cleaning. As such, the training requirements for operating MEWPs can vary depending on the type of equipment being used, the work environment, and the level of experience of the operator.
The following are some of the general requirements for MEWP training:
- Familiarity with the equipment: All operators should have a good understanding of the equipment they will be using, including its capabilities, limitations, and any safety features. They should also be familiar with the relevant safety regulations and standards.
- Basic training: Before operating a MEWP, all operators should receive basic training, which covers topics such as the safe use of the equipment, pre-start checks, and emergency procedures. This training should be provided by a qualified trainer who has experience with the specific type of equipment.
- Practical training: Operators should also receive practical training on the specific type of MEWP they will be using. This training should include hands-on experience with the equipment, such as maneuvering the platform, using the controls, and operating the safety features.
- Site-specific training: In addition to basic and practical training, operators should receive site-specific training that is tailored to the work environment. This training should cover topics such as identifying hazards, understanding the layout of the site, and following site-specific safety procedures.
- Refresher training: Operators should receive refresher training on a regular basis to ensure that their skills are up to date and they are aware of any changes to the equipment or safety regulations.
It is important to note that MEWP training requirements can vary by region and by industry. Employers should ensure that they are complying with all relevant regulations and standards, and that they are providing adequate training to their operators. Proper training can help reduce the risk of accidents and injuries, and ensure that work is performed safely and efficiently.